Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Not from This. Not Now.

What if I die?

I'm not going to die.

Seriously?

Not going to happen.

No, really, what if I die?

I. Am. Not. Dying.

Ever?

Nope. Not ever.

That's ridiculous, of course I am going to die.

Okay, eventually I'll die.

So I what if I die, from This.

This won't kill me.

But what if it does?

Ugh! Okay fine. If This kills me that would really suck.

Can't I be serious? This might kill me. People die from This everyday.

But not this people. This people is planning on living long enough to become a burden on my great grandchildren.

An estimated 14 women die from This every day in Canada.

I read that about 40 people die every day because of accidental falls.

In Canada?

I don't know where.

That seems like a lot.

It is ... I am almost three times more likely to die from tripping over my own feet than from This.

Is that supposed to make me feel better?

I'm not the one that started talking death stats, all I know is that I am not dying. Not from This. Not now.

How can I be so sure that This isn't it for me?

I'm sure because I'm not done yet.

Done what?

Done anything, everything. I have three partially grown kids who need me. I have Mr. Awesome who, clearly, can't be left to his own devices. I have commitments, people who love me, people I love. I have dreams and goals that I have yet to fulfill. I have scads of notes for books I haven't written yet, I have piles of books I have yet to read and endless places to see, explore and experience. I have things to do. I'm not done yet.

I seem pretty sure.

I am. This is not going to be the end of me.

So I said.

So its true.

So its true?

Yep.

Well, I guess that's settled then. I'm not going to die.

Not from This. Not now.

Not from This. Not now.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
~Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Dizzydooty said...

I suspect you will be around long enough be a burden to your grandchildren's grandchildren.