Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Can I Get More Random?

So, I've made the decision. We, my indentured servants (sister, brother-in-law and technologically challenged, Mr. Awesome) and I, are turning this little blog into something more ... we're just not sure what that 'more' is, yet.

I have spent some time over the last couple of weeks thinking about all that Some Random Mother is, the message I want to send, the resources I want to offer, the things that I like writing about. I have also spent a fair bit of time snooping around other blogs and websites and I gotta tell ya' ... its a strange, strange cyber world out there!

People will blog about A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G because people will read A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G just to fill their day. I swear, its so bizarre. I’ve seen sites dedicated to lamenting over life’s disappointments, to interpreting Michael Jackson lyrics for hidden sinister meanings and to complaining and comparing how lazy the baby-daddies of the world are. There's even this guy who blogs about little known museums. Sound interesting? He writes about museums of discarded human hair, mummified pets and molded fruit ... these places are little known for a reason, folks!

Anyway, after hitting a few dozen weird sites I narrowed my search to 'mommy blogs' and things got a little better. Although I did stumble across a few strange ones (like the one where each post was a list of all the mistakes she made and verbally flogging herself for her failures or the one where a group of moms write about their clubbing with their teens) I also found some hilarious, witty and heart warming blogs about being a parent.

I’ve been taking notes like mad and slowly getting a better picture of what I want my site to be but I need your help. I’m going to post a couple of links to my particular new find favorites, when you have the time take a look and let me know what you think. What do you like? What don’t you like? What layouts appeal to you and what features would you respond to? Feel free to share other ideas you might have too.

I know for sure that on my new site I will continue to blog daily and I will have guest spots available so if have a hobby you are passionate about, a knack for throwing awesome and creative birthday parties or tips on running an efficient household please email me.

Scary Mommy
A Peek Inside the Fishbowl
Dutch Blitz
Canadian Mom Blogger

*To share your input please email me at Somerandommother@gmail.com Thanks!*